Conveyor belts driven through string or strap belts are used in some specific technical applications.
Strap and string belts are used to
- Convey very fine products such as, for example, sheets of paper. For example, these types of belts have been integrated in the Köra-Packmack feeders.
- Be able to approach a product at one or multiple locations, for example, to add labels or a print or to include a welded seam.
- Move products in a perpendicular direction, for example, in-between roller conveyors.
- Have the constituents of a product to be conveyed fall through.
- Build a perpendicular transition in-between two conveyor belts without using pushers.